21 April, 2019

Wet Paint

Saturday, April 13, 2019
While it's rare that I get a chance to paint, I was more than happy to receive a call asking that I do just that. Though I often wish that my skills were more refined, I know that there is a depth of my soul that thrives in the creative process. The more I learned about this new organization - their intent, their goals, the more I knew that I had to be involved!
I had the opportunity to paint live for their fundraising event. It was captured on livestream and recorded. We raise support for a new organization for young artists, pairing them with mentors who would journey with them physically, emotionally and spiritually. Knowing how art has been an outlet and a gift to me, it is so important to know that there are venues for others to create, too! Whether it is an invitation, an art camp or simply a blank canvas and tubes of paint in the corner of a studio, simply create space. Even in the darkness, even in the unknown, there is always hope.

No comments: