28 July, 2009

Stretched and Stretched Out

We checked out of the Surabaya (Indonesia) airport hotel at 5:30 this morning.  We flew to Hong Kong and then to Los Angeles.  After 24 hours of travel time through multiple time zones, we returned to California at 2:30 in the afternoon.  It was super great to have Garett and Danny eagerly waiting for us upon arrival.

We were all looking forward to coming home.  But I think each one of us thoroughly enjoyed our time in Indonesia.  I'm excited to reconnect in a few weeks to hear and share more stories.  I hope you will join us.

I have been stretched in my leadership and its responsibility and have simply enjoyed being surrounded by laughter along the way.  Sarah's dream of teaching photography in Indonesia came to life.  Rose saw shooting stars in Bali.  Michelle's passion and long-awaited vision of teaching art to kids overseas was affirmed.

I can now unpack, do laundry and sleep - not curled up in a seat.  We will all enjoy our showers, our beds and the comfort of family and friends a little more than the usual tonight.  Thanks for sending us!

No comments: