03 January, 2007

"Happy" New Year

On New Years eve, I had Chinese food for dinner with my family. We watched old home-made videos and had plenty of laughs. Ahhh, the memories. C= It was great to be surrounded with family at the countdown, anticipating that next year I'll be across the world. On New Years day, I went with friends to a Rose Bowl party at a house full of SC fans. There was a lot of energy in that game and though Michigan lost, I was fun to watch. The memorable "highlight" would have to be plans to play the Wii. Though, it didn't happen because shortly after dinner, half my body broke out in hives! Completely itchy and swollen, I eventually broke down and was taken to Urgent Care. I got a shot and within a couple hours, the itching had stopped and the swelling went down a bit. Definitely eventful. Not exactly MY idea of a "happy" new year, but it was most meaningful to be surrounded by people who love me. 36 hours later, my face is almost back to "normal" and other than drowsy from the medicine, I'm up and running. As I take the next few weeks to do a lot of regimenting (while still enjoying life, no doubt), I anticipate a whole new level of growth. As I've been leisurely celebrating the holidays, my house mates have moved to Malang. As they begin to settle in, defining their new roles and house searching, I am reminded that the path before me has been paved and my steps have been cleared. What an honor to be reminded of how well I am being taken care of at all angles. 2005, a year of prayer. 2006, a year of pruning. 2007, anticipating the fruit.

No comments: