10 November, 2007

High School Camp @ WIS

I'm reminded of my senior year of high school, when I couldn't go to summer camp because I would be leaving early for college. My small group coordinated a camp for us. It was a simple weekend in a home, but absolutely memorable. They coordinated food and KP (kitchen patrol), games, devotions and even transportation. Even then, we pulled pranks and tped our counselor's car in the garage. But we bonded. It was definitely the overflow of love.

Yippiee! So I was a counselor for only a day and a half, but it was so refreshing to my soul! I had a cabin of 5 girls. Mind you, our cabin was the Kindergarten classroom. But what an honor to be a part of this event.

I'm not sure what bonds we formed, as our time together was really short.

Overall, it took a lot out of me. I keep having my faith stretched in my own journey. But I am so encouraged by my time with them. I even took 4 girls on a short hike - to get my pillow at my house, literally down the street. It was fun to have them see my place, just before I get ready to move.

No comments: