22 November, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

I survived my presentation! And Lori, I used the fall leaves you sent - a perfect reminder and visual for Autumn at home! I've been asked by the principal to frame and put up my artwork around the school!

Over a huge turkey feast, we shared stories about past Thanksgivings. Gary shared that for some reason, he always pictured a live turkey walking in to the house through the front door! While growing up in Indonesia, his mom called to order a turkey. They delivered a live turkey! They had to slaughter and pluck that thing in their back yard! We had a hilarious night. It felt so good to have a pseudo-family here. Grand feast, decorations, favors and all. Our fresh pumpkin pie, made from a real pumpkin, turned out well! Or so
I'm told!

So, for now, in the middle of loving it here, but still having my own issues, I watch this video sent from Matt. It simply gives me peace and release... at least enough to sleep for tonight. Thankful to be abundantly loved. And, with the little that I am able, to love.

From a land that doesn't celebrate it, Happy Thanksgiving!!! Indeed, I'm thankful for the freedom I know.

1 comment:

Me said...

thankful for you, my friend. much love from an ocean and several time zones away.