05 November, 2007

Sanur and Ubud

I had a slight detour from Malang to Bali. Those flights
have been canceled, indefinitely, due to a recent
accident (no complaints!) They put me in a taxi for a
2-hour ride to Surabaya. And a flight out to Bali,
arriving 5 hours later than planned.

Rachel and I spent a night in Sanur at the nicest hotel
I've been in since my arrival here. We had an outdoor
bathroom, with a tub/jacuzzi! SOOO kewl! I enjoyed a
peaceful morning at the rocky beach. Crabs, larger than
my fist, captured my curiosity. I was surrounded, almost
360 degrees, by cool, clear water lapping at my feet.
Simply refreshing...

We came to Ubud and are staying at a shady hotel. The
doors are locked with a padlock! But it is cute overall.
We visited the Monkey Temple and had great conversation
over dinner. It's been fun, but mostly a much needed
vacation...

No comments: