10 April, 2008

Car Accidents

What is with me?  

Yesterday, I took a Blue Bird Taxi to the airport.  Their taxis really are blue!  They are the most reputable company here.  

Everyone seems to tail gate here.  The car in front of us slammed on their brakes.  My driver was quick to respond and for a moment, I felt relief.  We didn't rear end the burgundy car in front of us! 

But then, a car turning into our lane rubbed up against our side, smashing their signal light, denting their door, and both, our and their, fenders.  Everyone was safe.  We didn't deal with police.  My driver got cash.  We were on our way in a matter of minutes.  My meter kept running.  It was about $.35.  I wasn't going to fight him about it.  Besides, he didn't make me pay for the airport toll - which is $.30.  He was really apologetic and didn't seem to understand that I just wanted to make sure he wasn't injured.  

Well,  I didn't think I was accident-prone, but maybe I'm prone to accidents.
prone |prōn| |proʊn| |prəʊn|
adjective likely to or liable to suffer from, do, or experience something, typically something regrettable or unwelcome 

Anyway, accidents are definitely unwelcome.

No comments: