20 January, 2008

Reminded of Reality

So I went with Sarah, Luke and their 3 kids to the Malang English gathering tonight.

I sat with Robyn and Kevin. Spoke with Jesse, Debbie, Lindley and her sister. Saw Amanda and Jon, Bethany, Allan and Jo, Jan and Jenna, Mei and Rhonda, and many others. That's just a glimpse... I really like these people.

As much as I totally miss home, I'm reminded that I really do love it here too! I'm reminded of friendships I've built. And friendships that are getting deeper. I really am spoiled here. When I was scared about finding a doctor to check out my back, I found Esther, who would come to my house for physical therapy everyday - and at no cost. It really is a loving community.

I've got to maximize the time I have with the people here. How totally lucky I am!

No comments: