02 February, 2008

Mysterious

Though I couldn’t understand a majority of what was said at our gathering today, we hung out for over 3 hours with security and cleaning staff! I made American cupcakes (frosting, sprinkles and all)! Kaylor made delicious brownies. From the study today, I think the word for trials is pencobaan. Coba being the key word: try. After a week of learning about and practicing healthy conflict, I began to get a bit overwhelmed by outside pressures: pressures to be a different person, to change how I do things, to accommodate others beyond my own boundaries, to make hard choices. So, as a relief, I enjoyed the company of energy, community, a ton of laughs, and a simple comfort of peace - affirmed that I’m right where I’m supposed to be. On our way home, I was encouraged and reminded that you can tell how someone feels about you when you watch faces. Knowing that I still have one unique opportunity and that I have seen the effect of certain faces lighting up, I am still hopeful. In the midst of pressures, I’m relieved to simply have this connection. I’m not sure what the link is that would draw us to each other. Maybe it’s acknowledging them, playing with their kids, or something a little deeper. But I’m honored to be in this place where it’s sought out. Maybe it is finally my turn to step up to everything I really wanted but never had the guts to pursue. I just need to be diligent and prepared for what comes next. God only knows.

No comments: