11 July, 2007

Hari Tiga

Day 3:
Hung out with teachers. It's a fun way to explore language for all
of us. And we get to know about each other's cultures too. I think
of sushi and mexican food often thus far. Good thing we're having
Mexican food for out team dinner tomorrow night (besok malam)!

I got to sit in on the dream session for SPRING. There are 5 amazing
artists and it is definitely exciting to hear about their potential
projects for the coming year! Documentaries, short films, animation
and books in progress, all beginning with a small group of artists
with the intention of affecting the country... What an honor to work
with and learn from them! Sounds fun to me. And they really did
save a desk for me!

I finally learned the Indonesian alphabet - much like Latin/Spanish.
I feel SO much better about language study. And I have my Indonesian/
English dictionaries! Tomorrow, I will learn an Indonesian song.

Had my first catered Indonesian lunch. Visited the flower market.
It's true - here, all of the flower vendors are on one street. All
of the furniture vendors are on another. Not great for marketing,
but great for building community. I purchased my night stand! So
they will deliver it tomorrow morning.

And Jennifer and I enjoyed watching Elizabethtown. We've both taken
multiple cross-country, road trips! It's funny to sleep at 10, yet
that's WAY past my bed time here. But, the call will be my
alarm clock at 4 a.m.! Made it through Hump Day!

No comments: