09 July, 2007

Tuesday: Hari Dua = Day 2

My second day of language tutoring was definitely easier than the
first. I have just 10 new words to learn.

I'm little tired today. The calls were on from 8-10 last night and
began again at 4. I was able to fall asleep with my ipod, but could
have used another couple hours of good sleep.

Got my HP (cell phone) set up last night.

4 jobs for the year: 1) working with artists at Spring. 2) teaching
english with creative art during the school day. 3) teaching art at
the after school program. 4) teaching art at the kompun/slum school.
I will need an interpreter or more language for this.

For now, I'm learning about rupiahs, a whole new currency. I'll take
my first walk home for lunch this afternoon. It's about 8 short blocks
from the school. And I sit through teacher training - even though
it's 95% in Indonesian.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

phew. sounds like a lot to take in.

eric