05 May, 2008

Self-Pronounced Fun Break!

Something I learned in college. Right before the insane week of finals, I took my dad's advice to take a break. Everyone else would be cramming. I'd be going to jump off waterfalls. Or taking a weekend trip to New York (Mind you, that was 12 hours, one way on a bus!).

When I'm about to be overloaded and overwhelmed, I just need to take a break.

This morning I was awaken by an unexpected phone call. I've had various interruptions yesterday and today. And I'm getting to the freak out point about a lot of big decisions - returning to the states, moving again, planning for the June trip, making arrangements, and organizing prep meetings and fundraisers.

Some people think I'm not working, or that, when I get back to the states, I won't be working until I find a 9-5 job and bringing in funds on a W-2. I'd like to see them try. (I know, I'm in a bad mood and I'm being mean.)

All that said, I do now declare: a Self-Pronounced Fun Break!

No comments: