10 September, 2007

Open House

So, I don't even go to school at Wesley International. But Ibu Eko, my Indonesian teacher, invited me to check out open house at her school. It’s literally up the hill from my house. So after learning to ride the bike, I walked over. It was so fun to see her Indonesian classroom.

She is one of 4 teachers for the students there. Pictures were posted of the students (Some of them I already know!) in traditional clothing from various Indonesian islands. Indonesian music played in the background and they served mini traditional kue kering (snacks).

And I got to meet her son! He's just 2 years old and so cute (and so active)! I don't know how she has the energy to teach the kids, teach me, go home to her son as her husband works in Papua, and has an abundance of joy through it all! I'm amazed.

She sent me home with a dozen things to try, after already being stuffed! It was delicious! A few coconut treats, and a potato ball that reminded me of Porto's. I have saved some for tomorrow. What a fun day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Spencer's school friend, Stephen, goes to Wesley. Say "Hi" if you get a chance.

ArtAstronaut said...

I'll keep an eye out! I'm there on Sundays at 4. What a small world!