20 September, 2007

Someone's Strategizing

Ibu Eko has been my language teacher since my first week here. She met her husband here while he was studying for his Masters degree. They got married a few years ago. I met her 2 yr. old son a few weeks ago (see "Open House").

Her husband now lives in Papua. It is a totally different culture from the big city here- villages near the beach and in the jungles. So, there is much to anticipate as far as changes. She is praying about when to move there to be with him. Maybe as early as January! So what an honor I have had to meet her and to have her as my teacher for this time!

A group of my friends are traveling to Papua next week. I told her last week, and she was so excited!

Just yesterday, I found out that I will go, too! It came as a surprise to me, but I'm so excited to have the opportunity! I told Ibu Eko and showed her my itinerary. We will travel to 5 cities in 6 days. And she said, "You'll meet him."

"Maybe"

"No, you will!"

"We'll see."

"You will. Because Pak Pete is meeting with him!"

Pak Pete is one of our close friends here! So, even still, my world continues to shrink. What a small world I'm in! I'm not sure what's ahead, but I don't think it's been happenstance.

I'm not sure what's in store there, but I am excited to see more of this country! And I'll even get to ride on the float plane!

No comments: