24 October, 2007

Clean Floors, Slick as a Whistle

It's been hot lately. I had just walked home, so I was especially
thirsty (haus)! I was going to drink a glass of apple juice before
my language lesson with Juliana.

Our electricity went off earlier in the morning. So our helper
(pembantu) couldn't do laundry or cook. She had the whole morning to
wash dishes and mop the floors. And what a job she did! I was
wearing socks in our house with tile floors and crashed to the floor
- last cupful of juice in hand!

I landed on my knee, and it took a little while before I could move.
I was so bummed because it was the last of the juice! My knee hurt
badly, but I have learned to simply laugh in those situations.

A day later, I now have a bruise the size of my kneecap. Really
though, I'm not accident prone and klutzy. But, I have to say, these
do make for fun stories!

1 comment:

Me said...

well, on behalf of those of the populace that are notorious klutzes (i.e., Me), I won't poke fun... at least you didn't do anything so bad as to go to the hospital. I don't think your helper would ever mop the floors again if that did happen!